|Of all the things on earth to do a web page about, I never thought I'd be doing one on WD-40! I recently received one of those emails that tells you of all the uses for this product and I was thoroughly amazed! Things I would never have dreamed that you can use it for. Sure, I know that you can get rid of squeaky hinges with it. But just look at some of these other uses:
- WD-40 removes stickers and adhesives from glass, plastic, countertops, and containers.
- Use it to lubricate the tracks in sticking slicing windows to make them glide.
- Spray a little WD-40 to lubricate sticky drawers.
- It penetrates and loosens sticky knobs on adjustable chairs.
- Give your snow shovel a quick spray to combat sticky snow.
- Zipper stuck? Loosen it with WD-40.
- A quick shot will help untangle jewelry chains and unfreeze door hinges.
- Spray on glass objects that are stuck together to separate without breaking.
- Lubricate the stuck walking foot on your sewing machine.
- Use it to free stuck bolts, lug nuts and hose ends that won't budge.
- Use it to loosen tight Lego blocks.
- Use a quick shot to make those window blinds roll smoothly.
- Removes tar, doggie-doo and scuff marks from shoes.
- Cleans filthy guitar strings and removes the grime from the barbecue grill.
- You know that build-up on your favorite pair of scissors? Hit it with WD-40 to make them like new again.
- It removes the grime and scum from fiberglass showers like a dream.
- It removes the gunk from a plastic dish drainer and the sink's handheld spray nozzle, too.
- It cleans and protects brass and silver from tarnishing.
- If it squeaks, WD-40's likely the solution.
- It keeps wicker chairs, kids' swings, rocking chairs, bedsprings and noisy hinges from squeaking.
- It will quiet your trash compactor.
- Use it to silence that squeaky weathervane, car strut mounts and windshield wipers.
- WD-40 keeps flies off cows and pigeons off balconies.
- Spray WD-40 around flower beds to gently send cats away.
- Spray it along the bottom of chain-link fences that surround gardens to repel rabbits and rodents and on wire tomato plant cages to keep insects away.
- WD-40 removes dead insects from a car's front grill, radiator and windshield.
- WD-40 cleans, restores and camouflages scratches on ceramic and marble floors.
- It gives floors that "just-waxed" sheen without making them slippery.
- It hides small scratches on woodwork.
Drain that Stain:
- WD-40 cleans piano keys.
- WD-40 removes Kool-Aid and tomato stains from carpets and fabrics.
- It takes lipstick from anything and removes hair dye from your towels.
- WD-40 makes those oil stains on the concrete driveway disappear.
- WD-40 will keep your fishing reels, lures and flies rust and gunk free.
- WD-40 removes and prevents rust on anything made of metal.
- It removes and prevents rust from forming in washing machines, on shower heads, and on garden tools.
- You know those rust stains on your tub and shower? Those terra-cotta pots that oxidize? You know the routine: WD-40!